10 Tips for Reducing Printing Costs
1. Utilize duplex printing more often. You can quickly cut down on the amount of paper used by printing on both sides.
2. Use larger copy machines with a lower cost per page rate for high volume print jobs instead of desktop printers.
3. Send documents through email, online dropboxes, or internet fax services instead of printing and faxing. Print documents to a pdf to ensure readability and preserve formatting changes from variations in software.
4. Print presentations with multiple slides on one page. If possible, avoid printing altogether by emailing presentation attendees before or after meeting.
5. Reduce the amount of desktop printers used. You can more easily see your output volume and find wasted resources by using networked copy machines or multifunction machines.
6. Use draft or quick printing settings when printing documents for internal use or where the quality is of little importance to save toner and ink supplies.
7. Only print in color when absolutely necessary, for example brochures, reports with graphs and charts, and advertisements.
8. Outsource large or high quality print jobs to a printing company. In most cases the cost per page goes down the more copies per job.
9. Use an add-on that eliminates banners, pictures, or other unnecessary items from webpages for more optimized printing.
10. Consider using Managed Print Services to evaluate your output volume and identify more cost saving measures.